With our distinctive knowledge and experience in the field of competition law, we offer our clients general competition law advise, assist in merger control issues and Turkish Competition Authority investigations, represent clients in the administrative litigation stages, give sector- and client-specific training seminars, develop compliance programs and initiate private law actions.
We are able to provide tailor-made, client-centered and innovative solutions and advice to our clients, more specifically in the following ways:
- Competition authority investigations; submission of petitions and files to the Turkish Competition Authority in order to pursue the interest of the defendant, attendance to the hearing before the Turkish Competition Board, coordination of and monitoring the investigation in the utmost determined manner
- Competition law compliance program; auditing the client’s practices, making interviews, reviewing contracts and other company documents, providing training seminars and developing competition law compliance manuals
- Merger control; assisting in merger notifications to the Turkish Competition Board and advising on competition risks of the concerned deal
- Abuse of dominance; advising on establishing legally compliant practices, providing alternative solutions in case of potential anti-competitive behavior, assisting during investigations by the Turkish Competition Board
- Private law actions; initiating private law enforcements, which derive from competition law breaches before the competent court. Such actions aim to compensate the injury of the party who faces loss as a result of the act constituting competition law breach.
- Drafting and negotiating distribution contracts (exclusive and selective distribution, franchise, dealership, agents) and agreements between competitors (horizontal agreements)
- Assisting in individual exemption and negative clearance applications
- Dawn raid trainings, mock dawn raid exercises and assistance in dawn raid cases
- Advising on leniency applications
- Sector or client specific training seminars
- Advising on state aid matters